Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Grow Your Own Pineapple!

Regular readers know that I love pineapples. Of course, the only regular readers this blog has also happen to live in my house. But this does little to invalidate my original statement.

Imagine my surprise when I learned I can grown my own pineapples! You Grow Girl has a brief but easy to follow tutorial on producing your very own pineapple plant from the discarded crown of the fruit. The best part is that it says all you need is lots of sunlight and a moderate indoor climate, two things which I think Saskatchewan can provide.

The downside of this scheme is that it takes two years to produce any fruit. There's a section that tells you how you can fool your poor plant into producing fruit after one year, but if the plant finds out it was tricked and comes after you with a cleaver or something, it's not my fault.

Link (via Kiddly)

No comments: